Sunday, November 15, 2009

French Onion Soup

This recipe is important to us because it was a recipe that belonged to Michael's mom and is one of his winter favorites. I am so thankful that I was given a copy of the recipe.
Ingredients:
3 Large Onions Sliced
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
4 Cans Ready To Use Beef Broth

Directions:
Mix sliced onions and butter in crock pot, cover and cook on high for about 45 minutes or until onions brown around the edges.
In a small bowl, mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and pepper. Stir mixture into onions. Add broth and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 7-9 hours.

Michael prefers this served with french bread. I usually cook the bread on broil for about 3 minutes with mozzarella cheese on the melted bread. Serve soup with cheese melted on top.

4 comments:

  1. I am making that soon! I LOVE french onion soup and I do the same thing with the bread and cheese! :) So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dying to make French Onion Soup and I love that this is in the crock pot. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super yummy! I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete